Wiz Insurance – It is really fun going on a holiday trip. You will be so busy strolling around, doing what you do not usually do, like skiing, windsurfing and other activities worth spending your holiday with. Outdoor trip is really fun and entertaining. You are enjoying snow boarding but suddenly you broke your leg. We don’t know when accidents may happen. It is just practical to get a travel insurance plan.
Travel insurance plan is a way to minimize the considerable financial risks of traveling. These risks include accidents, illness, and missed flights, canceled tours, lost baggage, emergency evacuation and getting your body home if you die.
Each traveler’s risk and potential loss varies, depending on how much of the trip is prepaid, the kind of air ticket purchased, your state of health, the value of your luggage, where you’re traveling, what medical coverage you already have and the financial health of the tour company or airline. For some, insurance is a good deal; for others, it’s not.
What are the different types of Travel Insurance?
- Interruption insurance and trip cancellations. It covers financial penalties or losses you encounter when you cancel a prepaid tour of flight for an acceptable reason. These might include you and your family members who can’t travel because of sickness.
It might also include you business partner or airline that goes out of business or can’t perform as promised. It is also possible to cancel if you have a family member who is sick. For a good reason such as a car accident or inclement weather, you miss a flight or need an emergency flight. In other words, if you or your travel partner breaks a leg a few days before your trip, you can both bail out and neither of you will lose a penny.
And if, a day into your tour, you have an accident, both of you will be flown home and you’ll be reimbursed for the emergency one-way return flight which usually costs far more than your economy round-trip fare and whatever portion of the tour you have not used.
- Medical insurance cover medical and dental emergencies. Check your health plan before getting a medical insurance because you may be already covered by it. Search for benefits and deductibles and the procedures for reimbursement of the emergency expenses.
- Baggage insurance is included in the most comprehensive policies, but is rare to buy separately. This actually the insurance for your items such as jewelry, eyewear, electronics and photographic equipments. If the airline checked your baggage, it is already covered by the airlines. Homeowners’ insurance is cheaper and you’ll have coverage even after your trip.
- Flight insurance is crash coverage, is a statistical rip-off that heirs love. It’s basically a life insurance policy that covers you when you’re on the airplane. Since plane crashes are so rare, there’s little sense in spending money on this insurance.
- Comprehensive travel insurance it covers all, airfare, car rentals, tour etc. it depends on you age. This can be a better deal for travelers with less of the trip prepaid because coverage is the same regardless of the premium you pay. Some comprehensive policies also cover collision damage, which allows you to avoid paying your car-rental company for collision damage waiver CDW insurance.
Never buy travel insurance from companies with no names. Not all insurance companies are licensed. You do not have a case if you claim problems with a licensed company with no license. Most of the licensed insurance companies are open 24 hours.
Getting travel insurance is as good as securing your family’s health. It is making sure that everyone is properly protected, including the loss of your passport, money or luggage, travel delays, missed departures and incurring legal expenses. It is like you are sure you are having a safe trip.